Dachshund Standard 101
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Ohio!

2 posters

Go down

Hello from Ohio! Empty Hello from Ohio!

Post  Granny Debby Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:31 pm

Hello!

My name is Debbie and I live in SW Ohio. I am 'owned' by a sweet and crazy/goofball named Oscar bounce . He is SUPPOSED to be miniature dachshund, however, he is a standard wanna- be! (haha)

Oscar is a red, long-haired dachshund. He is a beautiful boy, who turned 3 years old on Ground Hog's day in February. He is a Darling Dollhouse dachshund from Berea, Kentucky (thanks Jenn!).

I am not a breeder (although have dreams to be one someday!). I also do not show (again ... I have dreams of doing so one day in the future!).

As of now, I am raising a litter of Labrador/German Shepherd mix puppies. Their mama was a rescue dog that my neighbor was fostering. Our family offered to give this Labrador (Sadie) a forever home. It wasn't until this girl was settling in to our life and home that we discovered that she had gotten pregnant while she was a stray. We now have the bonus of having seven adorable lab puppies that are now 4 weeks old. We have found GOOD homes lined up for 5 out of 7 of the pups. I feel this is my opportunity to experience the whole whelping/puppy care experience will help me with any future breeding endeavors. I plan on continuing to learn as much as possible about the dachshund breed before I even consider breeding. I do know now, after the whirlwind of life with these lab puppies ... that I will be happily retired whenever (and if) I begin a breeding program.

In the meantime I am enjoying life with my lil' dachshund clown. This breed is so very unique -- and I am, without a doubt, HOOKED for life! ❤ Very Happy

I am so glad that this forum is available. I have missed the communication with fellow dachshund lovers... Smile

Debbie

Granny Debby

Back to top Go down

Hello from Ohio! Empty Hello:)

Post  Admin Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:36 pm

Debbie you will no doubt get wonderful advice on what to look for and what NOT to breed for on here...I am glad you joined! Welcome!
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.darlingdollhousedachshunds.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum