Dachshund Standard 101
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please read before posting..

4 posters

Go down

Please read before posting.. Empty Please read before posting..

Post  Admin Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:55 pm

I ask that you please adhere to the restrictions for this section in the Rules/Guidelines before listing a pup for sale, as to not offend anyone. Any dogs/puppies listed in this section that have not been evaluated as show prospects or show quality will be deleted.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.darlingdollhousedachshunds.com

Back to top Go down

Please read before posting.. Empty Re: Please read before posting..

Post  Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:05 am

Jenn, how will that come about? In other words who has the final say as to what is a show prospect vs a companion puppy? Will the evaluation depend on the breeder , their handler, their mentor. Who will have the final say? Ruth

ps or am i just being anal retentive here? Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhodach Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:04 am

I presume we take the OP's word that the pups have been evaluated, if they don't say they have been evaluated then they go in the other section.

I didn't read it that having been evaluated they then had to be show quality to be posted here because not all the litter will be and it will be nice to compare the ones which did make the grade to those which did not in a litter for educational purposes.

Or have I got it totally wrong?
Rhodach
Rhodach
Hotdog

http://www.simplesite.com/Rhodach-mini-long-dachshunds

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:06 am

Don't know Rhona, maybe i got it wrong? Ruth
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Proud Lake Dachshunds Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:32 am

I think all we're trying to avoid is an inexperienced breeder posting what they *think* are show quality dogs here without a second opinion (we've all seen that). I'm a great example of this. I'm still too new to feel comfortable evaluating my own puppies-I evaluated them constantly, but don't trust my opinion on my own litters yet. So I won't post any puppies for sale as show prospects here until the two experienced people who evaluate my puppies have looked at them and agreed that they are show prospects after a hands on exam. However, there are a lot of people who evaluate their own and trust their own opinion-as long as you have determined that the puppy is a show prospect, post away.

Most breeders who show aren't going to post puppies for sale until they are old enough to be evaluated, since we all want to keep the best for ourselves. Until then, you can post them in the critique section, or in the general photos area.
Proud Lake Dachshunds
Proud Lake Dachshunds
Hotdog

http://www.proudlakedachshunds.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:23 pm

Kat has it right. I do not want breeders coming on and posting pups for sale as show potential when they haven't even had them looked over, or have never step foot in a ring or don't even know what a show potential dog looks like.. if they don't know what they are talking about, then they shouldn't post them as show potential without having a experienced handler or show breeder evaluate them. I would never do that and I wouldn't expect anyone else to do it. I am not talking about the show breeders or people that have pups evaluated themselves, of course they have done it for years and that is fine. I am talking about the breeders that have two week old pups listed as show prospects or show potential..I will delete those ad's immediately and I expect Kat to do the same when I am not available to do it. I can't stand that.. it is tacky and shows complete lack of education. They can go on another forum that is a free for all and list that kind of ridiculousness.. I want this forum to display correct information, not more confusing, ill representations of the breed. This section is for dogs/puppies that have been evaluated by handlers, show breeders or people that have a knowledgable understanding of the dachshund standard and have evaluated the dogs/puppies themselves because they have been in it for years, and bred to better the standard...by this I am not talking about breeders who have bred for 20 years and have many years experience with breeding. Breeding dogs and showing dogs are two very different area's. We all love our dogs and have different like's and dislike's, different idea's of what a show dog looks like and how it is supposed to look. All I ask is that I don't look up and see a newborn litter listed as show prospects; 3 week old listed as show potential; a adult listed as show quality when the dog has legs for miles and is obviously is a train wreck.
I want correct information and I need to hear it from people that have done it for years. This forum is supposed to be about getting back to the basics and starting from the beginning--the correct/basic dachshund standard. No one will be able to learn if the boundaries are not set up from the beginning of what will be allowed and will not be allowed. They can always go to a forum that allows whatever if they choose. I just want this to be a forum with correct information, not confusing. I have much to learn and if I do, then I know many others do too. There are many dachshund forums I am sure, this one will be for a better understanding. I don't want misleading information on here. Sorry if that upsets anyone.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:16 pm

Well said and when we list the puppies are we expected to name those who evaluated them for us? Ruth
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhodach Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:26 pm

I know breeders who have been breeding dachsies since the 70's and 80's and they still get a second and third opinion on which ones to keep back as a breeder can so easily become blind to faults that may be creeping in.
Rhodach
Rhodach
Hotdog

http://www.simplesite.com/Rhodach-mini-long-dachshunds

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:39 pm

by rsepiphyte on Sat 17 Sep 2011 - 13:16

Well said and when we list the puppies are we expected to name those who evaluated them for us? Ruth

You could if you wanted...that may be a good idea. I personally like Laurin's evaluation technique--all business no poo kind of gal. Some might like the honesty of a certain handler and want to inquire about using them. It may be nice to know who evaluated them, but I suppose that can be optional Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:45 pm

I agree it is always nice to learn who is doing the evaluating as some focus on different aspects of the dogs. Ruth
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Tinsnips2 Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:41 pm

claireslap Do you really think a vomit dog would make it on here for very long ??? lol!
Tinsnips2
Tinsnips2
Hotdog

http://www.dachshund-miniature-wirehair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:46 pm

by Tinsnips2 on Sat 17 Sep 2011 - 19:41

Do you really think a dog would make it on here for very long ???

Baahaa...no, not really...maybe I should rethink it...I mean, when will we ever get to have fun? stirpot
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Proud Lake Dachshunds Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:46 pm

LOL-love your stirring the pot smiley!
Proud Lake Dachshunds
Proud Lake Dachshunds
Hotdog

http://www.proudlakedachshunds.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum