Canada's Largest Dog Show

Go down

Canada's Largest Dog Show

Post  Neuenrade on Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:07 pm

Lower Mainland Dog Fanciers is the largest dog show in Canada bringing entries from Canada and the USA as well as some from other countries. The judging panels are from all over the world. This year the Candian Federation of Dachshund Clubs will be holding the Canadian National as well......and also the Western Dachshund Club always holds a Specialty. A great apportunity to possibly pick up some Championship titles as there will be 6 chances at points over the 4 days.......think of it....4 All Breed Shows, a Specialty and a National all in one location!!
Would be great to have some of you attend a great apportunity to meet some of you person....
I am available to handle class dogs or bitches if anyone would like to send a dog or bitch up because they can't make it themselves.

Information is available by following the link below:

http://www.bcdogshowservicesltd.ca/
Neuenrade
Weenie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Canada's Largest Dog Show

Post  alaskanlowrider on Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:43 pm

WOW! How much do you charge to handle a dog ? Are the flights about the same as in the US (300-350) ? I may not be able to do it this year but something to definitely plan for next year
alaskanlowrider
Weenie

View user profile http://alaskanlowriders.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tinsnips2 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:50 pm

Just for a brief second I thoiugh :: HMMM I would so love a holiday ::maybe :::::: BUT it is on the same weekend as some of our big shows :: darn it ! Lisa best hope it isnt the same time next year :: cos thats about when our nats are on Smile
Tinsnips2
Hotdog

View user profile http://www.dachshund-miniature-wirehair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Neuenrade on Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:04 am

alaskanlowrider wrote:WOW! How much do you charge to handle a dog ? Are the flights about the same as in the US (300-350) ? I may not be able to do it this year but something to definitely plan for next year

Not many airlines will transport dogs into BC Canada from the US.....not sure why but there are only a couple. When I've had a dog come up to me from the US I usually have it flown into Bellingham Washington and I drive down to get it. The ones I've had sent were just under $200 not sure what it would be from Alaska? I try to work it out that it's on a weekend when I'm over on the Mainland for a show or else the cost for me to come off the Island just to pick up is too expensive. As for handling fees it depends on what shows I'm travelling to and what my expenses are to do the show......usually I charge $50 per show which includes all costs......of course if a dog is with me for an extended amount of time outside the showing and travel time there would be some board fees as well.....and I would charge whatever I put out of pocket to pick up and drop off at an airport or what have you.

Most handlers in this area charge $75-$100 per show as well as your share of all expenses incurred which means a portion of their travel costs, parking, hotels etc.

If anyone is interested in more detailed info feel free to contact me.
Neuenrade
Weenie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alaskanlowrider on Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:37 pm

Thanks - this sounds right up my alley. Now to figure expenditures out to see if I can swing it and choose which one to send if I can pull it off
alaskanlowrider
Weenie

View user profile http://alaskanlowriders.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum