Dachshund Standard 101
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Field Trials

2 posters

Go down

Field Trials Empty Field Trials

Post  Sue Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:08 pm

Hi Claire
First Field Trial for me coming up in a couple of weeks I am really looking forward to doing this.
I use to hunt Pheasant, quail and Duck in my early years like 30 years ago.. Smile
Anyone out there willing to share their experiences and tell me what kind of a weekend to expect and what not to forget to bring!

Thanks
Sue

Sue

Back to top Go down

Field Trials Empty Re: Field Trials

Post  Proud Lake Dachshunds Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:10 am

Wear clothes that won't soak through and can handle thorns and nettles, and boots. They start first thing in the morning and the grass and brush is really dewy and you'll soak to the skin in minutes if you just wear normal clothing. The collar for your dog needs to have no tags on it, and you'll need a line that you can put through it and let go of-something like tent line works fine, just cut it to about 10 feet long total (so folded, it'll be about 5 feet), and burn the ends so they won't unravel. Have fun-just tell everyone you're new-the people at field trials are great-they'll help guide you through how it works.
Proud Lake Dachshunds
Proud Lake Dachshunds
Hotdog

http://www.proudlakedachshunds.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Field Trials Empty Field Trails

Post  Sue Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:45 am

Came back from my 1st field trial a couple of weeks ago. Although the first time in and off the brace my dog looked at me like ok now what.. with his paws up for me to pick him up... Smile the 2nd day was better. We constantly beat the bush as the bunnies were limited which makes it a very long day. Will try again as i would expect my dogs will get why they are there. Was great to see our breed work the field for what they were actually bred for.

Sue

Sue

Back to top Go down

Field Trials Empty Re: Field Trials

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum