Dachshund Standard 101
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Georgia's new harness

4 posters

Go down

Georgia's new harness Empty Georgia's new harness

Post  BeauBuddy Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:59 pm

Georgia says Hello!! She loves her new harness and posing in it for the camera.

Georgia's new harness IMG_0198

Georgia's new harness IMG_0199

I can sit pretty on the little stool like a lady...
Georgia's new harness IMG_0203

The next fabric combo. I'm really excited about it! I like it better than the one above.

Georgia's new harness IMG_0207
BeauBuddy
BeauBuddy
Weenie

Back to top Go down

Georgia's new harness Empty Re: Georgia's new harness

Post  Proud Lake Dachshunds Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:19 pm

Oh my goodness, that is SO cute. I love the ruffle-that's darling.

I finally got a chance to use the pattern you gave me, and I'm almost finished with Winston's harness. I made some mistakes in trying to make it smaller for Millie and Junie and will have to start over on theirs, but I'm hoping Winston's will work nicely! Thanks again for the pattern!
Proud Lake Dachshunds
Proud Lake Dachshunds
Hotdog

http://www.proudlakedachshunds.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  rsepiphyte Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:23 pm

I love those harnesses and what a gorgeous girl to model them in! Do you make these yourself? Ruth
rsepiphyte
rsepiphyte
Weenie

http://www.largepaws.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BeauBuddy Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:47 pm

rsepiphyte wrote:I love those harnesses and what a gorgeous girl to model them in! Do you make these yourself? Ruth

Sure do. I've been making them since we got Beau 7 yrs ago. He didn't fit any strap type harness you could buy in the store, and that was a big problem. lol No park visits without it!

Proud Lake Dachshunds wrote:Oh my goodness, that is SO cute. I love the ruffle-that's darling.

I finally got a chance to use the pattern you gave me, and I'm almost finished with Winston's harness. I made some mistakes in trying to make it smaller for Millie and Junie and will have to start over on theirs, but I'm hoping Winston's will work nicely! Thanks again for the pattern!

The pattern should work for them as well. All you need to do is place the fabric in the right position behind the neck, then close the front. No need to change the pattern! Yay! lol

I took some photos that you might like to see when I was sewing this one. Maybe make your life easier. lol

I do want to see your models wearing the finished product of course! lol
BeauBuddy
BeauBuddy
Weenie

Back to top Go down

Post  Proud Lake Dachshunds Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:58 pm

BeauBuddy wrote:

I took some photos that you might like to see when I was sewing this one. Maybe make your life easier. lol

I do want to see your models wearing the finished product of course! lol

Of course! Millie and June are *MUCH* smaller than Winston. The pattern fits Winston just perfectly, but it covers Junie and Millie's elbows when you close the fabric enough to fit them, so they can't move properly. I need to cut in a bit around the elbow area to make it work. I used a sharpie to mark the first one I made for Millie, and then I'll use Millie's to see where Junie's needs to be. Winston's about 16 pounds, Millie's about 10, and Junie's about 7 1/2 so it's a big difference between Winston and Junie's harness sizes. In fact Junie is wearing Millie's Puppia harness I bought her when she was a 4 month old puppy and it fits her perfectly. I'm a terrible sewer, so it seriously took me about 6 hours to make Winston's and Millie's first attempt harness-my parents were laughing their buts off at me, watching me tear seams apart over and over. The threads kept breaking and I was ready to throw the sewing machine out the window! Of course, it's not the machine's fault that I'm hopeless.
Proud Lake Dachshunds
Proud Lake Dachshunds
Hotdog

http://www.proudlakedachshunds.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  BeauBuddy Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:16 am

I might be able to suggest something but it's kind of late now. I've got a busy day tomorrow but let's see what we can do!
BeauBuddy
BeauBuddy
Weenie

Back to top Go down

Post  Colleen Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:05 am

Lovely !!! Georgia is a great model, and looks fantastic

I couldn't help but notice the 'blurred tail' in Gerogia's stool sitting photo... laugh
Colleen
Colleen
Weenie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down