Dachshund Standard 101
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ok So I am getting one of these 3 pups:)

+4
Admin
Proud Lake Dachshunds
Rhodach
Tinsnips2
8 posters

Go down

Ok So I am getting one of these  3  pups:) Empty Ok So I am getting one of these 3 pups:)

Post  Tinsnips2 Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:20 am

I am posting a pic of 3 litter sisters : @ 16 weeks old when these pics were taken however they are now about 6 months . They are with my friend in NZ who I work with sorta. She hasnt had a litter in like forever :: but these pups are out of Poppie (Deltas mum ) (both on my website ) and Cheat : who is from my original lines before I introduced the US Bloodlines . (he is now about 9 years of age and is on the website too )

OK I know which one I have chosen based on the pics :: mind you when it comes time for me to get her I will be getting the best at the time.

Pup 1

Ok So I am getting one of these  3  pups:) Denise10

Pup 2

Ok So I am getting one of these  3  pups:) Denise11

Pup 3 ::

Ok So I am getting one of these  3  pups:) Denise13

To me one is out of the running but the other two have things I like about them : all are red dapples :: so excited as I dont have dapples in my home kennels : Cheat was the last of the line until he sired these kids Smile

Last edited by Tinsnips2 on Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a pic)
Tinsnips2
Tinsnips2
Hotdog

http://www.dachshund-miniature-wirehair.com

Back to top Go down

Ok So I am getting one of these  3  pups:) Empty Re: Ok So I am getting one of these 3 pups:)

Post  Rhodach Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:20 am

The bottom one is the one I'd pick, can't tell what the coats are like to touch but that one just seem to be the best, you will probably tell me that is the one you would dismiss,look forward to hearing yours and others comments.

middle one is just too low to the ground and the top one isn't chunky enough for me,that is what immediately jumped out of the pics.
Rhodach
Rhodach
Hotdog

http://www.simplesite.com/Rhodach-mini-long-dachshunds

Back to top Go down

Ok So I am getting one of these  3  pups:) Empty Re: Ok So I am getting one of these 3 pups:)

Post  Tinsnips2 Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:40 am

I wont comment yet Rhona apart from saying coats on all of them are acceptable to me :: the plan is to grow them out in NZ title them then the one I like best will come over here with Denise for the Nats (being held next Nov ) and then stay with me. Very Happy
Tinsnips2
Tinsnips2
Hotdog

Back to top Go down

Post  Proud Lake Dachshunds Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:07 am

See, I don't prefer number 3. Maybe it's the angle of the photo (which is much higher than for the other two pups), but she looks a bit out at the elbow, and has too harsh an angle at the neck/withers. Plus she looks like she's turning in her hocks a bit.

I'm leaning toward number 2, I think. I actually really like the outline of number 1, but she looks a bit more forward in shoulder and a bit leggier. Number 2 is lower stationed, and looks a bit further back set in shoulder assembly. Otherwise, the first two are very even looking, and I'd be pretty happy with either of them.
Proud Lake Dachshunds
Proud Lake Dachshunds
Hotdog

http://www.proudlakedachshunds.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:17 am

Ok...I know nothing about wires coats, but I will try...
I would have probably liked #2 best, but would ask if that is a dip in the back or just the pics angle? I personally LOVE the longer body & chest on that dog...again that is something longs lack most often...
#1 pup looks ok too, doesn't appear as long bodied or as low to the ground and the chest doesn't appear to be as nice as the second, but again to me still looks pretty good too..
#3 pup..I am not sure...maybe it's the pic but I can not tell much about the shoulders, they look a bit forward? and the rear looks off a bit? I have no clue...I am looking at them as if they were longs :lol:
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.darlingdollhousedachshunds.com

Back to top Go down

Post  alaskanlowrider Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:26 pm

Personally I like # 1's head, #3's front and #2's rear but since we can't swap parts out..... I would have an eye on #3 for the front but also #2 for overall appearance based on these pics
alaskanlowrider
alaskanlowrider
Weenie

http://alaskanlowriders.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dandy Dachs Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:47 pm

It may be the picture angles but #1 looks to have a snipey lower jaw
and short keel and her shoulder assembly is a bit forward.
#2 would look better if the head wasn't up so high, but she appears balanced.
#3 was taken at a really bad angle. Seems her rear hocks are turned in a bit, but I like her.

So I would take #2 or #3 and count out #1. But that is based on poor picture angles
so we could be totally wrong when you get your hands on them.
Dandy Dachs
Dandy Dachs
Weenie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bright Star Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:03 pm

I think I like #2 the best, but agree with some others that the pic angle may be making #3 not look as good as he/she really is. #2 seems to be the most balanced to me. I like the head and chest, and rear. The shoulders seem a little forward to me and I wouldn't pic this one for topline based on the pic. They all seem acceptable with different possible bad & good qualities based on the angles and nearness/distance of the pics. It is going to be interesting to find out which one you select Smile Lol, wouldn't it be great if we could jump into the DNA pool and just pic exactly what trait we wanted each dog to have cloud 9

Deb
Bright Star
Bright Star
Weenie

http://BrightStarCherokeeDoxieTribe.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:20 pm

I like number one the best, although may be a bit forward in the shoulders. Ruth juggle
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Neuenrade Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:19 am

Number 1 !! followed by number 3 and last number 2.

Number 1 - Nice topline, lovely rear, good forechest, nice length of neck, head is ok.....could have a longer ear and more layback.

Number 2 - Front is set way to far forward and is steep and the transition of the neck to shoulder is off even though her head is held high, decent head with longer ear, nice short on leg, could use more turn of stifle. I don't like the front at all on this pup.

Number 3 - Photo is at a bad angle.....her front is ok but something about it..maybe like her front legs are set back a bit? could have more length of keel and ribbing as well as depth, nice topline and nice head.

Overall if it were me I would take Number 1 and if I couldn't have that one I'd look at number 3 but I'd probably pet out number 2.
I'd buy and import number 1 if she was available but I know she's not Very Happy

Neuenrade
Neuenrade
Weenie

Back to top Go down

Post  Tinsnips2 Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:12 am

Interestng comments :: I spoke to Denise today and hopefully there will be new pics coming soon :: she says they have all changed and improved : all have lovely coats and temperments ::cant wait to see the latest pics !

Anyway :: my choice is 1 then 3 then 2 : to me no 1 is the most balanced and generally an honest little bitch : no 3 is not as good in the rear but i like her ; No 2 to me is unbalanced : her neck is too long for her body : she is too short on leg for me and doesnt have a good front or rear:

I like to look at a dog as a package : a quick glance should please you : TYPE is a must :: be it a wire long or a smooth they have the same standard and must conform to it : Symmetry Size n Substance :: long low n level : most importantly : BALANCE I would prefer to take a dog on that has only got a medium front and rear but that balances out rather than one that has a great front and a poor rear or vice versa. Remembering these pups are only 4 months in these pics so they have time to mature and develop : I am not concerned with the heads : yeah I would prefer them all to be nicer but they dont hunt on their head and knowing the lines they will lengthen out.

It really was interesting at the different comments and choices :: thats what makes the world go round Smile I will post the new pics as soon as I get them : Denise promised to take some this week but I have heard that before lol and she doesnt have a computer : so dont hold your breath for the new pics!
Tinsnips2
Tinsnips2
Hotdog

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhodach Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:58 am

Thanks for explaining your thoughts, look forward to more pics of their progress, they will be going through the gangly/ ugly stage soon when you start wondering if the pup with potential at 8 weeks will ever return.

I get what you mean about " a quick glance should please you ", if it doesn't I move on.
Rhodach
Rhodach
Hotdog

http://www.simplesite.com/Rhodach-mini-long-dachshunds

Back to top Go down

Post  alaskanlowrider Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:15 pm

This is great ! Thank you for sharing your decision process with all of us - I can already tell I need a new notebook specifically for this forum
alaskanlowrider
alaskanlowrider
Weenie

http://alaskanlowriders.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down