Dachshund Standard 101
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terrific article

2 posters

Go down

Terrific article Empty Terrific article

Post  Proud Lake Dachshunds Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:55 pm

I don't get the impression this is a recent article, but someone posted this on one of my Facebook groups, and I really enjoyed the article and wanted to share it. It's funny, because I've realized in the last year that I was making a lot of excuses for my dogs not winning in the ring, and it wasn't until late last year when I read "Solving the Mysteries of Breed Type" that I really started to understand judging and what judges were looking for. I gave this particular judge bad marks for judging in dachshunds because of the bitch he put up that had (what I thought at the time was) unforgiveable faults, and what I understand *now* was still a typey bitch, despite her faults. Between the article on fault judging on The Dachshund History Project site that was posted some months back, and this article below, I really feel like I will understand more what I see happening in the ring, results-wise. And, I have a better perspective on showing too-it's not just about the winning-it's about the dogs!

http://www.rojongreatdanes.com/danelinks.com/archive/dana_cline/dog%20shows.htm
Proud Lake Dachshunds
Proud Lake Dachshunds
Hotdog

http://www.proudlakedachshunds.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Terrific article Empty Re: Terrific article

Post  Dandy Dachs Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:02 am

Oh so true. I love all the articles they
have put up on TDHP. I have learned
a lot from them and instead of looking for
the faults, I try to look for the virtues Very Happy