Dachshund Standard 101
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New pet passport rules in UK

2 posters

Go down

New pet passport rules in UK Empty New pet passport rules in UK

Post  Rhodach Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:19 am

As from Jan 2012 anyone importing a pup from abroad doesn't have to wait so long before receiving the pup.

At present the pup gets all it's vacs including the rabies,then has the rabies titre checked and provided it is OK can be brought into this country 6 months after blood tests making the pup at least 9 months old before it gets here.

The new rules allow the pup to be imported after getting rabies vacs and checking it has worked and they are good to go.

Folk on an all breeds UK forum have been quoting £2000 on top of the price of the pup to bring pups into the country by the time all the paperwork etc. for the pet passport and the flight has been payed for and the breeder has charged a weekly fee for caring for the pup and starting it's training etc.,so not something I will be doing unless I win the lottery.

Many now take their bitches across to the rest of Europe for stud services[looking for fresh blood] because the rules of using AI are so strict or horrendously expensive if you do get permission, the bitch also has to have a pet passport but even this still works out cheaper going in your car and crossing on the ferry and driving to where ever the other side and back again.

Rhodach
Rhodach
Hotdog

http://www.simplesite.com/Rhodach-mini-long-dachshunds

Back to top Go down

New pet passport rules in UK Empty Re: New pet passport rules in UK

Post  Admin Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:07 am

This is interesting. I wondered about restrictions and such as far as shipping outside US...
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.darlingdollhousedachshunds.com

Back to top Go down