Dachshund Standard 101
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pulled a muscle?

4 posters

Go down

pulled a muscle? Empty pulled a muscle?

Post  Admin Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:17 pm

I have absolutely no idea what I have done to my neck, unless it is a pulled/strained muscle. I was cleaning my mother in laws dump (what she calls a yard sale trailer Rolling Eyes ) and I bent over to pick up a computer monitor, one of the really old fashioned 90's model, and I felt a horrible shooting pain from the back of my neck down to my shoulder. That was about 3 hours ago and my neck is throbbing, I can move it easily, but it is stressing me out cause it is one of those thumping kind of pains... I tell you it hurt so bad, it actually shot down my back to my sciatic nerve, then straight down into my leg. It just about knocked me off my feet. Now, I'm so aggravated and annoyed because it's thumping...I'm wondering if I pulled a muscle? Has anoyone else strained or pulled a muscle in their neck? Does it last a few hours or do I need to go seek help (not professional, I know I need that) if it doesn't stop in a few more hours or a day?
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.darlingdollhousedachshunds.com

Back to top Go down

pulled a muscle? Empty Re: pulled a muscle?

Post  Proud Lake Dachshunds Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:16 pm

I don't know what you did, but alternate ice and heat every ten minutes and see if that helps. If it's a muscle, it should loosen it for you. And Aleve works great for a pulled muscle, too.
Proud Lake Dachshunds
Proud Lake Dachshunds
Hotdog

http://www.proudlakedachshunds.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dandy Dachs Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:37 pm

Man that's gotta hurt.
I will be looking for the stiff neck smiley tomorrow
Dandy Dachs
Dandy Dachs
Weenie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bright Star Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:48 pm

Okay, where's our other RN when we need her (Rhona), lol. Good advice Kathleen except just use ice intermittently for first 48 hours to decrease swelling from inflammation and to decrease pain. Then switch to heat for muscle relaxation and pain. Aleve is an excellent idea as it is an anti-inflammatory. Tylenol will not work because it has no anti-inflammatory properties. It sounds pretty bad Jenn if it hurt all the way down your leg. If it gets worse, you should get it looked at. Have you lost any feeling, or had any numbness/tingling in your fingers? What portion of the neck is it, upper, lower at shoulder, etc.?

Hope it heals rapidly. We need you to keep typing to find those smilies Very Happy

Deb
Bright Star
Bright Star
Weenie

http://BrightStarCherokeeDoxieTribe.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum