Dachshund Standard 101
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flair

3 posters

Go down

Flair Empty Flair

Post  DHDoxies Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:26 pm

Introducing,

Sylmar's Stylin N' Profilin MLC AKA Flair

Flair Flairsized_zps90f435e5

He is the son of Ch Han-Jo's N' Sylmar Goldnugget ML ROM AKA Sonny & Grand Ch Sylmar's Li'l Rita MLC. I've been trying to practice his stacking with him but he's uncooperative so I have decided not to do so anymore for fear of ruining him for the ring & hope I haven't already LOL. Maria will be handling him for me this spring.
DHDoxies
DHDoxies

Back to top Go down

Flair Empty Re: Flair

Post  Proud Lake Dachshunds Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:59 pm

He's a cutie! Best of luck with him!
Proud Lake Dachshunds
Proud Lake Dachshunds
Hotdog

http://www.proudlakedachshunds.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  DHDoxies Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:57 am

Thanks Proud Lake Dachshunds. Good luck with yours as well Smile.
DHDoxies
DHDoxies

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhodach Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:33 am

Congrats on your new addition.

You need to practice putting them on the table often but for short periods only,it needs to become second nature to stand correctly, get into the habit of when you pick a pup up for what ever reason you pop them on a table, I have one set up in front of a mirror hanging low on the wall, this allows me to see both sides of the dog without moving much myself.

To start with they are just allowed to look about and sniff as soon as they are on their feet, being praised all the time and then gradually you place their feet and with a treat get them to hold their head at the right angle and lean into their front, by 12 weeks old mine will stack with me standing out the front with just a treat in my hand and not touching them or the table,great for pups going to show homes to have had such a great start.

Good Luck in the ring.

Leia 12 weeks old the day she left for her show/breeder home, she went on to have a brief show career due to other comitments of her owner,placed each time and getting nice write ups from judges, she has since had 2 litters of pups 6&5 some of which are now in the ring.

Flair DSCF3445-1

Last edited by Rhodach on Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pic)
Rhodach
Rhodach
Hotdog

http://www.simplesite.com/Rhodach-mini-long-dachshunds

Back to top Go down

Post  DHDoxies Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:49 pm

Rhoda, thanks Smile. Also thanks for that tidbit of advice, I will definitely be trying it to see if it works for him. He seemed to have no problem stacking for his breeder but he absolutely refuses to do so for me LOL. I just hope that I haven't ruined him already.
DHDoxies
DHDoxies

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down