Dachshund Standard 101
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV series the other side of the pond

3 posters

Go down

TV series the other side of the pond Empty TV series the other side of the pond

Post  Rhodach Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:46 pm

I recently discovered Graboid Video which allows me to download TV shows and Movies, some very recent.

Some shows have been shown here but we are way behind in the series. I get to download 50,000mb for about £11 a month and can renew early if I have run out.

Any recommendations of ones I may be interested in, I like crime/police series, Drs and Hospital, not into scifi or vampires, some comedy isn't my cup of tea either.

If I see something I don't recognise I research it in Wikapedia[sp] and if I like the sound of it will try the pilot episode, unfortunately there is nothing on graboid to tell you what any programme is about.

Thanks
Rhodach
Rhodach
Hotdog

http://www.simplesite.com/Rhodach-mini-long-dachshunds

Back to top Go down

TV series the other side of the pond Empty Re: TV series the other side of the pond

Post  nerd_rock Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:35 am

One show that I am addicted to right now is Sons Of Anarchy. It's about a motorcycle gang, usually not what I'd normally watch but I really like this show. I watched all of the current seasons in a few weeks, then got my Dad hooked on it. I can't wait until the fall for the next season.

Do you get Criminal Minds over there? That's another show that I really like. It's about the FBI's Behaviour Analysis Unit (BAU), they go from place to place using the unsub's behaviour to help catch them.

I also really like American Horror Story, but you said you weren't into scifi type stuff. It finished it's first season a few months ago, but it focuses on one family or place per season and has an underlying theme (this one was infidelity). It's about the things that have happened in that location, the ghosts that are stuck there and their impact on the people that are living there. It was pretty good, but I couldn't watch it at night... it freaked me out too much for that. A lot of people were talking about it over it's season.

I can't think of any more offhand but if I remember think of anything I'll post it here.

nerd_rock
nerd_rock

Back to top Go down

TV series the other side of the pond Empty Re: TV series the other side of the pond

Post  Rhodach Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:34 am

We can get that on Channel 5 but not my cup of tea.

Waiting for Bones current series to continue, it got as far as them finding the house and then stoppped several weeks back.
Rhodach
Rhodach
Hotdog

Back to top Go down

Post  nerd_rock Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:43 am

I like Bones, I had forgotten about it. There is a new series by the creators of Bones that is starting up soon, I can't remember what it's called but it has the guy that plays Sweets in it. I'm not sure if it's the same role for him or not.

My mom is into a lot of the police and medical shows. She likes Castle, The Mentalist and Body of Proof... I can't remember any other ones that she watches, but some of those might interest you.
nerd_rock
nerd_rock

Back to top Go down

Post  rsepiphyte Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:50 pm

Have you seen Doc Martin or Downton Abbey series! I can't get enough of them. Ruth
rsepiphyte
rsepiphyte
Weenie

http://www.largepaws.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhodach Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:24 am

Are you able to get the new "Upstairs Downstairs" series, I missed the first of this new production, Jean Marsh has been involved and the only person from the original series back in the 70's that we get repeats of regularly.

I love all the CSI's and most medical dramas from across the pond.

Not having internet at home at present has curtailed my watching for now.
Rhodach
Rhodach
Hotdog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down