Dachshund Standard 101
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bronson becomes a member of the BrightStar DoxieTribe

5 posters

Go down

Bronson becomes a member of the BrightStar DoxieTribe Empty Bronson becomes a member of the BrightStar DoxieTribe

Post  Bright Star Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:05 pm

Announcing the arrival of Bronson, Stoneriver Creme Cashmere, as the newest member of our Dreamcatching Doxie Clan. Bronson is a 21 month old, heavily shaded cream that is both conformation and obedience trained. He has not yet been in the ring as the other dog I was fortunate enough to acquire was sent ahead of him. Bronson will begin when Chief gains his CH. In the meantime, he is our newest couch potato and playboy for the girls. This dog is more than a furball and will be difficult to groom for the ring. He could be used as a dust mop/rag with all of that coat because he is also very low to the ground. He has excellent bone and, even with the great bone, is a small dog at about 10 lbs. His prior trainer/handler expects him to do very well in the ring. I can't wait to hear what Kaye & crew have to say about him. Bronsons' parents are Carson & Lace at Stoneriver and he looks almost exactly like Carson in coloration. I love that he retained all of the shading he has.

Below are a couple of ramdom pics taken since he arrived. I will try to stack him this weekend. Will probably have to get him wet in order for his conformation to show, rofl.

Bronson becomes a member of the BrightStar DoxieTribe OliverBronson3rdday-1
Bronson becomes a member of the BrightStar DoxieTribe Bronson-OliverstakingclaiminDaddyslap-1
Bronson becomes a member of the BrightStar DoxieTribe Bronson-1stdayhere-1
Bright Star
Bright Star
Weenie

http://BrightStarCherokeeDoxieTribe.com

Back to top Go down

Bronson becomes a member of the BrightStar DoxieTribe Empty Re: Bronson becomes a member of the BrightStar DoxieTribe

Post  Proud Lake Dachshunds Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:55 pm

He's a pretty guy-as for the coat, well, that's what stripping knives are for! Though I don't envy you that work.
Proud Lake Dachshunds
Proud Lake Dachshunds
Hotdog

http://www.proudlakedachshunds.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Bronson becomes a member of the BrightStar DoxieTribe Empty Re: Bronson becomes a member of the BrightStar DoxieTribe

Post  Rhodach Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:15 pm

Congrats on another new arrival.

I don't see a problem with his coat, so many dachsies your side of the pond have poor coats it is nice to see one with the correct one, if the weather is hot he may drop some of it naturally.
Rhodach
Rhodach
Hotdog

http://www.simplesite.com/Rhodach-mini-long-dachshunds

Back to top Go down

Post  Colleen Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:06 am

Welcome to your new paradise Bronson !!

Colleen
Colleen
Weenie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bright Star Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:03 pm

Rhodach wrote:Congrats on another new arrival.

I don't see a problem with his coat, so many dachsies your side of the pond have poor coats it is nice to see one with the correct one, if the weather is hot he may drop some of it naturally.

Rhona,

I hope you are right and he will drop some. I am looking at it from the aspect that my others have all dropped their coats for the season. I agree with you about the lack of coat over here. Too much mixing of chcocolates with diltes with "ee", mixing of coat tyoes,...and on and on. Grrrrr, so aggravating that people will not learn before they just start breeding. I would much rather have one with too much coat, than too little. So, I guess I should quit whining about his heavy coat Very Happy I just know that Chief took Reserve Winner's at one show and the judge said it was due to excessive coat Rolling Eyes

Deb

Bright Star
Bright Star
Weenie

Back to top Go down

Post  rsepiphyte Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:24 pm

Deb, i have the same problem with "Stevie" and his thick coat. Have you tried to strip out the undercoat. I use a Mars Coat King on him and after washing him i blow dry his coat and pull it downward as i do so. But i would rather have too much coat than not enough and your boy is a looker! Ruth
rsepiphyte
rsepiphyte
Weenie

http://www.largepaws.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bright Star Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:41 pm

rsepiphyte wrote:Deb, i have the same problem with "Stevie" and his thick coat. Have you tried to strip out the undercoat. I use a Mars Coat King on him and after washing him i blow dry his coat and pull it downward as i do so. But i would rather have too much coat than not enough and your boy is a looker! Ruth

Thanks Ruth, for the name of product you use and for the compliment on Bronson Smile Lol, I am too afraid to try it myself, but I will definately suggest it to Vicki and Kaye Smile
Bright Star
Bright Star
Weenie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down