Dachshund Standard 101
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Osiyo (Cherokee hello) from BrightStar Cherokee DoxieTribe

+3
alaskanlowrider
Admin
Bright Star
7 posters

Go down

Osiyo (Cherokee hello) from BrightStar Cherokee DoxieTribe Empty Osiyo (Cherokee hello) from BrightStar Cherokee DoxieTribe

Post  Bright Star Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:19 pm

Hi All,

So happy that this forum is available! Thanks for creating it! I can't wait to learn and share with the members here Very Happy

I see that I am already friends with many members. But, for those that do not know me, here is an introduction:

I am happily married (3 years) and live near Memphis, TN in a rural area. All of our doxies live in the house with us and get along great together.

I own 4 female and 2 male adult dachshunds at home and co-own another living in AR. I have held back 3 puppies from recent litters in the hope of showing them. Two puppies are 4 months old and begin conformation class on Tuesday night with my handler. The other is 3 months old.

One of my males is "Rowdy", a son of "Flash" from Guardian's Dachshunds. He is bl/tan carrying cream and produces wonderfully correct offspring. His dam is CH pointed "Spirit", also a Guardian's dachshund. I was blessed to acquire Rowdy from Janean Rawls upon her retirement. She also allowed me to adopt Stetson (living in AR with a breeder friend), Daisy, and Haley.

My other male is "Chief Edley", a Heidox dog grandsired by CH Heidox Justin Meinhard, with a G-grandsire being CH Sylmars Goldnugget. Chief is long, low, heavily coated. has a wonderful loving temperament, and is trained in conformation. He has been on hold to travel with my handler to shows until she finishes her next dog. Sadly, we have had to work rigorously on getting him not to roll over for a belly rub on examinations. So, time will tell whether he makes it or not.

Of my females, Haley & Daisy are from CBWags4U and Bitty & Kati are from Sugarland Dachshunds (now retired). They all have wonderful ancestries. The 4 month old puppies are out of Rowdy & Haley, while the 3 month old is from Chief & Kati.

My experience in the ring was for 12 years (1980-90's) with afghan hounds. I owned 2 females, handling them myself to championship completion. Other than those 12 years, I have owned dachshunds from childhood. When we retire to Alabama in 8 years, I plan to to add a couple of afghans to my program. My afghans had the same personality as my dachshunds, but, unlike my dachshunds, two of them was all I could fit into my lap :lol: I LOVED everything about the show world (excluding the politics, of course) and can not wait to be renter my dogs the ring after nearly 20 years. Sadly, I am unable to exhibit my dogs myself this time around, but I have a great handler and look forward to a spectator. In the last 6 years, I have attended as many shows as possible.

I had never bred dogs until multiple sclerosis and other diseases forced me into early retirement. I never felt that I had the proper amount of time to devote to raising a litter. But, having my own program had always been my retirement dream. Before beginning my program, I studied the breed intensely for 4 years. This allowed me time to learn the genetics, pedigrees, standard, breeders. etc. I believe it also helped prevent me from making "new breeder" mistakes. My first litter was born in 2008. My husband is very involved in our program. We consider him the "brawn" and me the "brains" of our "Village of the Dreamcatching DoxieTribe".

I am a registered Cherokee and all of my dogs acquired as puppies are named after my ancestors. My grandfather gave me the name Bright Star. Thus, the name and theme of our program/website, http://www.brightstarcherokeedoxietribe.com/

I am expecting puppies on the 14th from Rowdy & Bitty. The puppies should be small as Rowdy is 9.5 lbs, and Bitty is 8.3 lbs. Colors expected are red or cream in solids and points. Here are a few photos of the expecting parents:

Osiyo (Cherokee hello) from BrightStar Cherokee DoxieTribe Rowdy-Bittylittertocome

Osiyo (Cherokee hello) from BrightStar Cherokee DoxieTribe Rowdy-sideview

Osiyo (Cherokee hello) from BrightStar Cherokee DoxieTribe Bittyhead-earshot

Deb "Bright Star" Stuckey
Bright Star
Bright Star
Weenie

http://BrightStarCherokeeDoxieTribe.com

Back to top Go down

Osiyo (Cherokee hello) from BrightStar Cherokee DoxieTribe Empty Welcome

Post  Admin Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:02 pm

Welcome! Glad you joined us Very Happy ...I will keep watch for those Afghan's!! I was going to get one a few years back myself.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.darlingdollhousedachshunds.com

Back to top Go down

Osiyo (Cherokee hello) from BrightStar Cherokee DoxieTribe Empty Re: Osiyo (Cherokee hello) from BrightStar Cherokee DoxieTribe

Post  Bright Star Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:43 pm

Admin wrote:Welcome! Glad you joined us Very Happy ...I will keep watch for those Afghan's!! I was going to get one a few years back myself.

Hey Jenn, thanks! I wish I had room for them now, but trying to develop my own lines with my doxies by holding back puppies prevents me having the room. I am always watching what is out there and available though. That way, when I am ready, I will know exactly what I want and where to get them Very Happy

Deb
Bright Star
Bright Star
Weenie

Back to top Go down

Osiyo (Cherokee hello) from BrightStar Cherokee DoxieTribe Empty Hello:)

Post  Admin Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:39 pm

Ha ha..you sound like me. I refused to even think about going into the ring unless it was from a litter I produced myself :lol: ..I wanted my own show pup (bred by me) and would have really preferred the parents have my kennel name and bred by me as well..as it is, I am settling for a pup bred by me Smile ..hopefully one out of this litter with Libby & Ch Erik Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.darlingdollhousedachshunds.com

Back to top Go down

Osiyo (Cherokee hello) from BrightStar Cherokee DoxieTribe Empty Re: Osiyo (Cherokee hello) from BrightStar Cherokee DoxieTribe

Post  Bright Star Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:06 pm

Jenn,

My next litter with Daisy is going to be by Stetson, Erik's son Very Happy It will be next Spring, an all solid cream litter. Like Erik, Stetson does not carry points.

Deb
Bright Star
Bright Star
Weenie

Back to top Go down

Post  alaskanlowrider Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:07 pm

Hiya Deb ! Great to see you here
alaskanlowrider
alaskanlowrider
Weenie

http://alaskanlowriders.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dandy Dachs Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:53 pm

Glad you made it, Deb. I am looking forward to seeing your new litter develop.
I have cherokee heritage but it isn't documented. I will have to get some tips
from you on where to start with that.
And on a sad note, my daughter's best friend has been diagnosed with MS at the age of 21.
It's heartbreaking but she is a tough gal and will make the best of it.

When is Bitty's litter due? Thinking pink for you!!
Dandy Dachs
Dandy Dachs
Weenie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bright Star Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:52 pm

Dandy Dachs wrote:Glad you made it, Deb. I am looking forward to seeing your new litter develop.
I have cherokee heritage but it isn't documented. I will have to get some tips
from you on where to start with that.
And on a sad note, my daughter's best friend has been diagnosed with MS at the age of 21.
It's heartbreaking but she is a tough gal and will make the best of it.

When is Bitty's litter due? Thinking pink for you!!

Hey Cindy! Love that you are here!

Bitty's litter is due next Wednesday, the 14th. Thanks for "thinking pink" :lol:

Email me about the Cherokee Heritage. I have a "Library" of genealogy research books and specialize in finding Native American roots for people. I did not know that you didn't know that.

I was the contact person for newly diagnosed MS patients for my neurologist to help with the psychological and physiological adjustments the the disease. In addition, I was the Memphis Support Group Leader for the American MS Society for 5 years. Have your daughter's friend email me if she would like to.

Deb
Bright Star
Bright Star
Weenie

Back to top Go down

Post  Tinsnips2 Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:04 pm

Welcome Deb : wow Cherokee heritage :: as in the real native Indian ?? I was told that in a past life I was high up in a native American tribe :; possibly a healer ::my partner was too :: I often dream I see his face and there is always a wolf around I believe they both still protect me now :: apparently I had quite a few kids then too :: guess thats why I never felt the need to have them now !
Tinsnips2
Tinsnips2
Hotdog

http://www.dachshund-miniature-wirehair.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bright Star Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:54 pm

Tinsnips2 wrote:Welcome Deb : wow Cherokee heritage :: as in the real native Indian ?? I was told that in a past life I was high up in a native American tribe :; possibly a healer ::my partner was too :: I often dream I see his face and there is always a wolf around I believe they both still protect me now :: apparently I had quite a few kids then too :: guess thats why I never felt the need to have them now !

ROFL, yes as in the "real" Native American Indian :lol: I get asked at powwows all of the time if I am a "real Indian" even when I am in full regalia, lol. Interesting about you being a healer, the wolf, etc. Are you, or your ancestors, originally from the US?

Deb
Bright Star
Bright Star
Weenie

Back to top Go down

Post  Tinsnips2 Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:03 pm

Bright Star wrote:[ROFL, yes as in the "real" Native American Indian :lol: I get asked at powwows all of the time if I am a "real Indian" even when I am in full regalia, lol. Interesting about you being a healer, the wolf, etc. Are you, or your ancestors, originally from the US?

Deb

OH I would so love to see a photo :: As far as I know my parents orignated from UK Scotland ; Ireland and Canada :: I am a bit of a mongrel :: but I have been told by two different people I have a wold as a protector ; the second one telling me about being the healer. I love all that sort of stuff :: just wish someone would tell me the winning tatts numbers and if I am gonna find a decent man ! I keep hooking up with these kind ____> kick out
Tinsnips2
Tinsnips2
Hotdog

Back to top Go down

Post  Neuenrade Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:27 pm

Welcome .....
Neuenrade
Neuenrade
Weenie

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhodach Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:36 am

Hi Deb great to see you here too.

Look forward to the new pups, here's to a safe and healthy whelping.

Any pics of the other pups as I haven't seen the last litter and the others since tiny pups.
Rhodach
Rhodach
Hotdog

http://www.simplesite.com/Rhodach-mini-long-dachshunds

Back to top Go down

Post  Bright Star Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:52 pm

Rhodach wrote:Hi Deb great to see you here too.

Look forward to the new pups, here's to a safe and healthy whelping.

Any pics of the other pups as I haven't seen the last litter and the others since tiny pups.

Rhona

ROFL.....I am too afraid to post any as they are at that "Ugly Duckling" stage affraid Too leggy, one's topline looks off now, coats coming in looking tufted, etc. I don't want to be accused of having poor quality dogs like some on the "other forums" Smile We stacked them on the deck rail, like Jenn does, yesterday and got some disasterous pics Shocked It was the first time that we had tried that, but I do think it is a good way to keep them in one spot and the lighting was good. I will take some pics at their first conformation training class tomorrow night and MAYBE will be brave enough to post them, lol. If I am still too afraid to post them, I'll email them to you. Just call me chicken clown

Deb
Bright Star
Bright Star
Weenie

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhodach Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:56 pm

I wasn't bothered about stacked pics,just wanted to see them.
Rhodach
Rhodach
Hotdog

http://www.simplesite.com/Rhodach-mini-long-dachshunds

Back to top Go down

Post  Tinsnips2 Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:53 pm

Come on :: be brave :: we all know what it is like witrh uncoperative pups and ganglies !
Tinsnips2
Tinsnips2
Hotdog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down