Dachshund Standard 101
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loan Home Contract?

3 posters

Go down

Loan Home Contract? Empty Loan Home Contract?

Post  nerd_rock Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:35 pm

Does anyone on here use loan homes at all for their breeding program? I'm looking for a sample contract to go over before preparing one myself, but I can't seem to find much online so far.
nerd_rock
nerd_rock

Back to top Go down

Loan Home Contract? Empty Re: Loan Home Contract?

Post  Proud Lake Dachshunds Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:52 pm

I just saw someone recently who was doing this. She called it her couch potato program, I think. I wish I could remember who it was-I was just on her website last week. IIRC, she only sold to local homes, and they kept the dog unless she was showing it or breeding it, or if a bitch, if she was whelping. I've thought about something like this-it would help when you've got pet limits to cope with, but want to keep back something for your breeding program. If I figure it out, I'll let you know.
Proud Lake Dachshunds
Proud Lake Dachshunds
Hotdog

http://www.proudlakedachshunds.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  nerd_rock Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:20 pm

Proud Lake Dachshunds wrote:I just saw someone recently who was doing this. She called it her couch potato program, I think. I wish I could remember who it was-I was just on her website last week. IIRC, she only sold to local homes, and they kept the dog unless she was showing it or breeding it, or if a bitch, if she was whelping. I've thought about something like this-it would help when you've got pet limits to cope with, but want to keep back something for your breeding program. If I figure it out, I'll let you know.

Thanks! That's exactly why I'm looking into it. We have a city limit of 3 dogs per dwelling and 2 cats per adult per dwelling, considering I have Sadie (spayed, first dachshund) and Fynn here it's going to get harder to have a breeding program without a kennel license. It's even harder to get a kennel license while living in the city, especially where we do, and we're not ready to live in the country just yet. Plus, it would really insure that the dog has a home when it's time for that as well.
nerd_rock
nerd_rock

Back to top Go down

Post  Dandy Dachs Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:31 am

Lisa Emerson is the only one I know that does
loan homes. Most everyone else does a co-own.
Let us know what you finally end up deciding on.
Dandy Dachs
Dandy Dachs
Weenie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down